Have you ever been emotionally drained or tired? As the mom of two preschoolers, I’ve been there. (And if I’m being honest, the phrase “emotionally tired” is often a serious understatement!) Going to God for strength is something I need to do on a daily basis. But if I have learned anything, it’s that He is ALWAYS faithful! I am so thankful to serve a God who will exchange my weaknesses for His strength.
I believe whole-heartedly that God speaks to us through His Word. His Word contains powerful reminders for us that He will be faithful to strengthen us in times of need. (And I don’t know about you, but I often need the reminder.)
The Bible is also useful when standing against the lies of the enemy. Jesus used Scripture when faced with the temptation in the desert to give in to His weaknesses. He spent 40 days fasting and praying, so He certainly understands what it means to be emotionally (and physically) drained!
10 Bible Verses for When You’re Emotionally Drained
- The Lord will give strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace. – Psalm 29:11
- O my strength, I will sing praises to You; for God is my stronghold, the God who shows me lovingkindness. – Psalm 59:17
- My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. – Psalm 73:26
- I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. – Philippians 4:12-13
- Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. – Colossians 2:6-7
- But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. – 2 Thessalonians 3:3
- And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. – 2 Corinthians 12:9
The righteous cry, and the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. – Psalm 34:17-19
- “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” – Matthew 5:3-10
- Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. – James 1:12
*Unless otherwise indicated, scripture quotations taken from the NASB.