Christianity isn’t just another religion. It’s different. It has the ability to supernaturally transform hearts and lives. It literally is the source of life itself.
While the world tells you that you have to be better in order to be worthy, Jesus saw you as worthy enough to die for… even at your worst. And while religion is typically rigid and all about rules, God simply longs to be with us.
Yes indeed, Christianity stands alone.
- God longs to be intimate as our Father, not some distant being in the sky. He wants to make you a son or daughter, not a loyal subject. When it comes to my daughters, I want to be close. If they are scared or sad, I want them to feel free to sit in my lap and allow me to comfort them. I want to share everything with them, and I’m excited to watch them grow and experience new things. If I feel that way about my girls, how much more does our loving Father feel that way about us? He didn’t just make a way for salvation. He adopted us as His own. (Romans 8:14-16)
- God loved us long before we loved Him. It’s not about us reaching out to God hoping that He will hear us; it’s that He reached out to us hoping that we would respond to Him. And not only that, He demonstrated His love for us when we were at our worst. Now that is true, unconditional love. (Romans 5:6-8)
- In Christianity, we aren’t called to conform, but rather we are transformed and given new identities in Christ Jesus. God is not after blind obedience and conformity. If He were, the Pharisees would have been counted as righteous. (They were as outwardly obedient as they come!) But Jesus called them hypocrites because their hearts were far from Him. They had conformed by obeying the Law, but they refused to be transformed by Christ. (Romans 12:2, Ezekiel 36:26)
- Jesus’ death wasn’t just about forgiveness, it was about new life. Yes, His death on the cross paid for our sins, but His resurrection made it possible for us to be resurrected with Him. He literally defeated death when He rose from the dead! We are alive in Christ as we continue to walk this earth, and we will experience eternal life with Him when we depart. (Colossians 2:12-13)
- God doesn’t just want to save you; He wants to give you everything. As children of God, we are co-heirs with Christ. Think about it this way: the Creator of the universe is your dad and He wants to leave you a glorious inheritance beyond anything you can imagine!
And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory…. – Romans 8:17 (NLT)
Christianity is not one of “many” religions to choose from… it is the only source of truth and life.
So what makes Christianity different from all the rest? One word... Jesus.Click To Tweet
He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He is our salvation, our redeemer, and our King.
Through Him alone, we can be children of God – the Creator of the universe.
And that is why living for Jesus is the only way to truly live.